Wednesday, January 25, 2006

what's in a name

"you don't know my name, will you ever know?" - alicia keys (you don't know my name)


recently my friend surprised me by making a strange query... he asked me what was my full name.

yes he's a friend i've known for 2 years who i actually talk to fairly often and no apparently he never knew what was my name other than jo.

this is interesting...

i always introduce myself as jo (unless it's a formal setting) and most people call me jo. i guess it never occured to a lot of people to even ask me what was my full name.

but it did occur to some...

this is all rather fascinating...

so i decided to ask another guy friend of mine who i talk to rather regularly. well he got my name down ('coz i mean you need to have a name to add to a contact list in your phone book right?) but he was stumped bout my last name.

another girl friend of mine who i meet up regularly was clueless. then again i don't know her last name either.

and i know that there are some other friends who i email and chat with all the time who don't know my full name as well or perhaps just forgotten.

i'm beginning to think that other than people who i've worked with or those who have known me for ages or have my mailing address, most other people probably don't know my full name.

sure we may hang out and have fun or talk and share often such that they know a whole lot bout me and my life except for the lil basic things... like my name.

but is it really important anyway?

well if you do know my full name, there's no need to broadcast it... i prefer to be just jo.

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

LOL, that was an interesting post Just Jo;) There is no way that most people know my full name, it's too long and hard to pronounce, so my nickname works wonders. I'm actually surprised when someone pronounces my full first and last name...someone not related to me of course!

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool site on spider man game Check out my Penis Enlargement Methods

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the time, they are part of the company's payroll and are considered direct employees to the company.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet online[/url] That's what appears in the papers, but structuring a successful leveraged buyout can be demanding, and care in preparing the deal often makes the difference between great success and financial ruin.. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose outlet[/url] Flfkuduuz
http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk Guvxrgxzx [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose online[/url] jbtyhutyg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home