Wednesday, November 01, 2006

the mystery of the phone number

"how did you get this number?" - frou frou (psychobabble)

work starts at 8.30am but sue me 'coz i'm not always on time. then again not many people are anyway.

as i mentioned previously, my office is in a remote area where we have a number of guards with big guns on patrol. we also have a number of guards without big guns on patrol. these guards are of the friendly variety. we would smile and wave whenever i walk past. and even if i wasn't looking in that direction, they would see it necessary to call my name loudly, or whistle or do something in order to get my attention so that we could smile and wave. i don't even know how they managed to match my face to my name. but that's another story.


this story is that this morning bright and early at 8.37am, i received a call on my mobile as i was on the way to work. as my caller id flashed the number, i identified it immediately as the office guard house's number. turns out that the agency we use was trying to hand over some posters to me. yes, at 8.37am in the morning. who on earth makes rounds that early?

but the more pressing issue is... how on earth did the guard house get my number??

my mobile is strictly for personal use and therefore not listed in the company directory. however quite a number of my colleagues do actually have my number 'coz that's just easier sometimes.

but the guard house shouldn't have it. and i'm wondering why they do. and who gave it to 'em. i can't think of how they managed to get it.

this is turning out to be quite the mystery.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Joyce Chai-Teo said...

has to be an admirer. Or he is a sucker for brightly coloured hair!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home