Tuesday, February 28, 2006

the perfect man

"there's just no one that gets me like you do, you are my only, my only one" - yellowcard (only one)

Rules of the Game:
1. The tagged victim must come up with 10 different points of their perfect lover.
2. Need to mention gender of target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game & leave a comment saying they've been tagged.
4. If tagged again, there's no need to post a 2nd time.

now i've had a similar list since young though by now i can't find that scrap of paper that i wrote it on. but i imagine that my list hasn't really changed much since...

this is my idea of the perfect man:


1. christian: ‘coz if we don’t even agree on God, what else is there to talk bout? and i’m gonna take it up a notch and say that i want someone who is of a higher spiritual level than i am but not in that holier than thou way but in way that makes me want to be a better person. and the guy should have the same values as i do bout other important things in life as well.

2. loves me: i need a guy who truly loves me as well as my family. ‘coz then he would be true blue. cheating is a big no-no for me. and even though i’m not insecure, i don’t like players either.

3. open-minded: i need an open-minded guy who doesn’t judge people by their appearances. ‘coz let’s face it… i have green hair! haha! and if we’re talking local guys here, a guy who isn’t entirely too traditional.

4. attractive: and i don’t think i’m being superficial. i have to at least find the guy attractive, even if no one else thinks so. beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

5. kind: it’s easy to be nice to people you like therefore i think that people should be measured by the way they treat the person they like the least. i want a guy who’s kind to people, even when he doesn’t like ‘em. someone who will think of other people’s feelings and needs. a guy who is a gentleman.

6. smart: i like a guy whose brains i admire. an intelligent person who i can learn new things from. a guy who is using his smarts to get somewhere in life.

7. sense of humour: i’m wacky and goofy. and i need a guy who is witty and can make me laugh.

8. good communication skills: i talk a lot but i also don’t like to feel like i’m the only one talking. i like a guy who is open in his communication with me. and better still if he speaks it eloquently.

9. musical: i love music. and i’ve noticed that i tend to like guys who are musical, be it having a good voice or playing a musical instrument. but music just speaks to me. and if he can discuss current bands and pop music culture, that’s best.

10. has an edge: i suppose it’s that x-factor or whatever. but i like a guy who has that something bout him that just screams different. the kind where when he says or does a particular something can make me smile and think "that is just so him" and at the same time be amazed and amused all over again.

i hate tagging people so whoever wants to do this can do this.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear someone else say that they need a man of similar religious leanings. I've always said that finding a Christian man who held similar values to me was very important but...I thought I was in the minority because I had several friends who couldn't even tell me what their SO thought about God at all! I thought, How odd. How can you not know this very important thing?

Of course, I also have friends who tell me that Neal and I talk way too much about too many different things. Give me a topic and I can probably tell you his viewpoint on it and how it differs or coincides with my own. We discuss everything and God was one of our first deep discussions when we became friends over two years ago. Because of the similarities we held in thought and beliefs, we were both able to realize that more than friendship might be in the cards. heheh It took us long enough, though.

As for a list? *sighs* I'm anti-list because it usually means excluding more important things. Looking through yours, however, I can see many of the things that drew me to Neal on there so...I'd have to agree with you on those! I first read "attractive" and mentally put my head in my hands until I read the rest of your idea: YOU have to be attracted to him not that he has to meet conventional ideals of "attractive." *grins* Way to be! I don't very often hear people put it that way. Usually I hear this: "I want someone who is attractive. She must be five foot, eight inches tall, have curly or wavy hair, have green eyes, be a brunette, have 36D breasts and a slender waist and long legs that look good in a skirt. Oh. And she must also...ummmmmm (*waits while he thinks of something non-superficial*)...she must...be good with kids!" (From men, more obviously. *chuckles*)

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Nec lcd driver Celebrex migraines School closed norfolk Arizona golf academy Free streaming audio hosting Lazyboy furniture brantford

 

Post a Comment

<< Home