Thursday, November 23, 2006

happy thanksgiving

"you've given me so many things that i've never had, and all in all i know it's you that always pulls me through" - 12 stones (the way i feel)


there's always something bout thanksgiving day that warms my heart. of all the holidays that we don't celebrate, i've never wanted to celebrate one as much as thanksgiving.

maybe it's that family and friends feel to it. or maybe 'coz for at least one day in a year, you really remember everything that you have to be thankful for. we're too quick to complain bout things that didn't go well and sometimes don't realise the lil blessings in life.

but there's no time like now to sit back and ponder bout all the blessings in my life.

i thank God for my family. 'coz really, i have an awesome family. the love and support is amazing. i never ever had to doubt their love or wonder if they've got my back. 'coz they do. and i'm sure i wouldn't be half the person i am without my family.

i thank God for my friends. for the ones here and for the ones far away overseas. for the ones here who actually meet up with me and give me some form of a social life. for the ones overseas who still maintain contact... somehow. you guys are all in my heart.

besides the good stuff, i'm also thankful for the bad stuff. even though some of it i still don't know why i have to go through it or am going through it. but i'm thankful 'coz i trust that God must have it all figured out, even if i don't understand.

and in typical me fashion, i'm definitely thankful for the turkey with cranberry sauce. will someone pass it over please.

thank you.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Joyce Chai-Teo said...

for the ones overseas who still maintain contact = DOES THIS REFER TO ME?????? :) Awwww... so sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home