Sunday, March 18, 2007

first race report

"and i can see my life is waiting, now i know i'm living for who i am" - smile empty soul (who i am)

i survived my first race.


all 8km of it... okay well the exact distance was 7.3km but who's counting haha!

my timing was bout an hour which isn't all that great but given the surgery and then a recent bout of illness which left me outta running commision for 3 weeks, i suppose i'm reasonably happy with it all.

most of all it was indeed an achievement.

i have never ever run 8km (or really 7.3km) before. and i admit that i was really worried. the beginning 2.5km of the run was relatively easy. but by the time i hit the loop at possibly 4km, i was starting to really feel it and slowed down considerably to walk. bear in mind that my usual runs are 4km. the rest of the run was tougher. the hot sun shining was tiring me out and my legs were starting to ache. in between walking it out, the running took all my prayers and mental endurance.

but when i neared the finish line, i darted in and out of other runners and sprinted my way through.

despite some physical pain, the feeling was amazing. i felt almost euphoric.

i made it. that's all that matters.

and i can't wait to make it even better in more races.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home